Friday, March 8, 2013

John Newton

I read a story about John Newton and here is my narration:

John Newton
Gabrielle Ansolabehere
Written Narration
03/04/2013

John Newton had a father that was a sea captain.  His father wasn't home much but his loving, christian mother filled his brain and heart with bible stories and scripture.  When John was not even 8 years-old his caring mother passed away and soon his father remarried.  He hated his new step-mother and his father.  He didn't want to go to school any more and got with kids his age that weren't so nice with their words or actions.  So with their influence he became a cabin-boy  on his fathers ship.  When he got older he went to work for different captains and got flogged and was kicked off ships because of his crude jokes, songs and words.  He ended up with a slave trader and hated it so much that he jumped off the ship at the coast of Africa.  That was a big mistake.  He was enslaved and was put to hard work.  When he wasn't working he was locked in a cold cell.  Meanwhile, his father was worried sick and wondered where his son was.  So he sent men to look for his son.  They found him and headed home.  When they were on the right track a big storm came out of no where.  John started thinking about his spiritual life and noticed that he was horrible.  He thought how his mother would've thought about him.  He asked God for forgiveness and soon became a preacher and sought to end slavery.  He wrote many songs including "Amazing Grace".  He inspired many people including me.

 His last words were sung:
Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound!
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind but now I see!



"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior."
- John Newton

1 comment:

  1. Very good Gabby Girl...I am so proud of you and humbled to be learning from you!! Love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete