Thursday, January 30, 2014

Low Expectations.

Something that I have had tugging at my heart is that our generation has such low standard, low expectations...teenagers my age have become blind. My brother and I had just finished our morning devotions when we heard of Justin Beiber's arrest. I have never been a fan...nor would my parents have allowed it, however, when I heard this, it just made me sick.
My heart hurts to think some people close to me, especially girls, choose to follow these kinds of "role models" and are slowly but surely being desensitized. They are taught (taught meaning that uninvolvement of parents is not just giving room for children to "choose" low standards, but an actual training on how to establish low standards) to drop their standards not only on expectations as a teen, but also...lowering standards on who they will potentially look for in a spouse. And at the same time lowering standards for themselves. We wonder why children lack self esteem.
Are you willing to throw away your morality, purity, integrity and faith for some "heart throb" who wrote a catchy tune? God warns us that idolization is a SIN and that HE is to be the center of our lives. Exodus 20:3-6 Our lips were made to praise Him! Praise God that I have a mother who encourages me to follow my Savior (my role model) and a dad that sets high standards and expectations for my siblings and I.....AND enforces them and holds us accountable.
God has a great plan for your life!! "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeramiah 29:11
So...do you really want to waste even a second idolizing over music, tv shows, or magizines? Do something for GOD!! "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3
I encourage you to go one month and read your bible everyday and give up EVERYTHING that does not bring glory to God. It will be hard at first...believe me, as I am a work in progress as well. You may just find that God has drawn you closer, and that you CAN SURVIVE without all the junk that clutters your life. Keep your eyes set on Jesus and I promise you won't stray away. I write this as a simple teenage girl whom God has placed a genuine concern for her generation. Who wants to raise my standards, who wants to see a reformation in her world and who could not NOT write this letter to you.
And parents...where are your children?
With love, in Christ,
Gabrielle Marie Ansolabehere
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

1 comment: