Saturday, June 28, 2014

Time Management.

 "And Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to he Lord,and not unto men;"
-Colossians 3:23
Time can get away from us very easily if we don't use it properly.    So what is the right way to use time?  It's as simple as managing it!  

Ways that I have learned to manage time are very easy and effective!  

MAKE A LIST:
What is your most important thing to to do?  Mine is spending time with God, so immediately Bible study and reading The Word goes at the top of my To-Do list!
Next goes sending time with family, Then school, ect.

Here is a sample of my To-Do list:  (all of our days are so different, so I won't bother you with my whole list...just the basics)
Bible Study/The Word,
Spend time with family,
School work,
Chores,
Exercise,
Ect.

Next check it off as you go DOWN ( always go down, no exceptions!)
Then, when time runs out and it's the end of the day, you don't have to worry about that assignment that should be given in the morning or say to yourself, "Gosh, I didn't spend time with the Lord....guess I will do that tomorrow." (You will make a habit of doing that every evening...speaking from experience.)  That was at the top of your list, so you got it done!  
We are supposed to do every thing for the glory of God, so doesn't that mean being useful with our time?  
I am not saying I go by these things exactly in order every day, but I try to, as much as I can!  And one thing that helps me with this is DILIGENCE!!  I struggle with this, more often than not, but it is easy to find ways to help me with this character quality...  Sometimes I listen to music, have a little one help me if it is something they can do (yes, I con my brothers and sisters into helping), I pray and ask God to help give me the diligence I need, which He usually makes the job harder, but eventually it will help me to be more diligent in the future.

here are some verses to help you with diligence:  
"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied."-Proverbs 13:4
"The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor." -Proverbs 12:24
"And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." -Galatians 6:9

Also, I pray that I would remember GOD is governing my steps:
"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps."  Proverbs 16:9
I can pack my days full, waste my time and live only to serve and please me, yes.
And what do I gain?
But if I am doing my best to line my day up with God's will, watch out!!
Charles Spurgeon said, "You will have your will if your will is God's will."
Love that!
Live my life MY WAY continually struggling to get MY WAY, or make MY WAY GOD'S WAY!!
Our family's favorite hashtag:  #eternalperspective
Keep the end.............the reward, (our PRIZE through Jesus) always in focus.

Shows and Sermons that I watch: The Comfort Zone with Ray comfort, Breelovesbeauty, Blimey Cow, The Way of the Master.
Things I eat: Homemade granola, tree nuts, Arbonne fizz sticks (a total pick me up), sparkling ice, yougurt, oatmeal and I love veggies!  Yes, I do enjoy a candy bar every now and then....and pasta.
Things a do for exercise: walking dog, playing on the tramp with kids, workouts with my mom, going on a nature walk with family and anything and everything I can do with horses.
Things I do for bible study: Watching John piper, Paul Washer, Voddie Baucham, David Platt, the bible app devotions, the Comfortzone, most importantly...reading the Bible, everyday and remembering to test everything according to scripture.

At the end of each day, ask yourself:  Was it all worth it?  Does God receive any glory?
What can I do....What should I do differently?

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so pretty!
    If you like crafting at at, you should definitely check out mine.
    http://introducing-inspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete