Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Preparing For our Future (Week 5)... Fellowship, Guest Blogger

I am so happy to announce that I have another guest blogger...  Who is coincidentally my Best Friend!  She has helped strengthened me so much in my walk with the Lord...   And I am so honored to be able to share her wisdom with all of you :),,,
Thank you Faith for being my mentor, role model, BFF, and sister.  Xoxo!

I am happy to be apart of this blog series, thank you, Austin and Gabrielle for strengthening my walk with the Lord.

Someone once said, "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future." The kind of friends you have and the people you spend your time with takes a big part of shaping your future.
Proverbs 13:20
"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm."

My parents have taught and trained us to look for good friends. A few things we look for is:
Will they help us grow in the Lord?
Are they living a Godly life?
Are they trying to live pleasingly to the Lord?

If these are true about a person then they will treat you as a friend. Although I say from experience, good friends are hard to find. I went through a time where I had no one. I prayed to God to bring me a friend. I waited and was patient, although it wasn't easy. I grew closer to my family and God. Then I was blessed with a good friend.

A friend can help you grow in maturity and in Christ or tear you down and lead you astray. Be wise. You can also look at what kind of person and friend you are. Turn the questions around and question yourself. No one is perfect or good, everyone fails at a time or another to live pleasingly to God. So repent and turn around!
Friendship is important for God says to confess to one another and Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17)  Discussing things with a friend helps strengthen both of you.
"A joy shared is doubled and a burden shared is cut in half" -unknown
 Like I said before.... Where do you see yourself in the next 8 to 10 years? Who are your friends? What future do they show you?
Living for The Lord always,
~Faith Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Very convicting post! It is so important to choose your friends wisely. I've heard it been said, "Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future."

    ReplyDelete